Goal 1: What will be the effect on student achievement in communication & collaboration skills if we facilitate the development of the 7Habits, based on timeless principles, to create a trusting, safe & caring community of learners?
- Implement 7Habits training for new staff
- Secure community funding for 7Habits resources
- Model & teach the 7Habits so that they become embedded in the school culture (ie. digital citizenship)
- Celebrate at monthly assemblies
- Celebrate daily through Leadership Awards
- Provide many student leadership opportunities such as greeters at doors, tour guides, announcements, & M.C.s at assemblies.
- Share information on the 7Habits with our school council at their regular meetings
- Support groups which our FSLW facilitates:
- Roots of Empathy
- Changing Families
- Volcano Club
- Friends for Life
- Grade 4 girls Friendship Club
- Grade 4 boys Friendship Club
- Friends for Life
Measurable: Critical Evidence Indicators
- Student, staff & parent surveys.
- Discipline reports from PowerSchool.
- Evidence of common language and understanding of 7Habits in portfolios, behavior plans, IEPTs and IPPs and in daily interactions.
- Conversations with stakeholders (face to face, school council, Twitter, Classroom Blogs etc.)
- Apply a fundamental understanding of the 7Habits to enhance communication & collaboration skills for the 21st Century.
- Apply a fundamental understanding of the moral issues surrounding digital citizenship.
- Leader in Me and The 8th Habit by Stephen Covey, 21st Century Skills: Learning For Life in Our Times by B. Trilling & C. Fadel, The Bully, the Bullies & the Bystander by B. Coloroso.
- •7 Habits Trainer Resources, Teacher Resources, and on-line resources
- The Leader in Me Website
- Children’s Literature
- WCPS Digital Citizenship on-line resouces
- People resources: Maureen, Don & Gail Green at FranklinCovey
- entire school year